Beau Coffron, the Social Media Director at Life Church explains how they effectively manage and engage on 80+ social media accounts across 27 campuses. The answer may surprise you…We believe social media isn’t a billboard people drive by, it should be a coffee shop people hang out in. We want our posts to reflect that. @lunchboxdad Click To Tweet
Watch the Video
Show Notes for Life.Church Social Media
What’s in this episode?
- How Beau went from a youth pastor to Life Church’s Social Media Director (3:55)
- Overview of social media at Life Church (6:04)
- Beau’s weekly routine (10:38)
- Responding to needs and events in the community (12:40)
- How to find and use volunteers for church social media (15:07)
- Using a Facebook Group for church volunteers (20:20)
- Planning and using video on Social Media (23:00)
- Beau’s current challenge (26:10)
LIFE.CHURCH SOCIAL MEDIA
- Focus on quality over quantity when it comes to social media posts. Don’t focus on the number of posts that you are putting out.
- Don’t be afraid to try different things. Social media is constantly changing. Social media needs to be nimble.
- When there is a crisis, take the time to respond well and in a God honoring way. Social media is not just a place to hang out but it can be a place for ministry as well.
- Get volunteers involved with your church social media. Find people who are already engaging on social media regularly.
Amplified Impact Round (27:40)
Q: What’s the best thing you’ve done to attract new visitors to church?
A: At the Movies series every summer. Use invite cards and encourage people to invite those around them.
Q: What’s the most important aspect of a church communication strategy?
A: Developing brand guidelines is really where it starts. Fonts, colors, your Instagram look… helps simplify things for other ministry leaders and volunteers.
Q: What’s the #1 thing a church can do to differentiate itself?
A: The people and the culture of the church, being known what you’re for and not what you’re against. Fight for that. Leadership sets the tone. It doesn’t cost anything except time and it really helps change perceptions.
Jeanette Yates, one of Beau’s favorite people on social media. Two Church Girls podcast.
- Amplified Impact Online Workshops
- Lunchbox Dad website
- Life Church Global Channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Jeanette Yates podcast: Two Church Girls
- Open.Life.Church (free church resources)